[Homestead] Texas Three Kick Rule

tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Tue Feb 8 19:11:05 EST 2005

!!

*The Texas Three Kick Rule *

A Washington, DC lawyer went duck hunting in rural Texas. He shot and
dropped a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the other side of a
fence.

As the lawyer climbed over the fence, an elderly farmer drove up on his
tractor and asked him what he was doing.

The litigator responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in this field, and
now I'm going in to retrieve it."

The old farmer replied, "This is my property and you are not coming over
here." The indignant lawyer said, "I am one of the best trial attorneys
in the U.S. and, if you don't let me get that duck, I'll sue you and
take everything you own."

The old farmer smiled and said, "Apparently, you don't know how we do
things here in Texas. We settle small disagreements like this with the
"Texas Three Kick Rule."

The lawyer asked, "What is the Texas Three Kick Rule?"

The Farmer replied, "Well, first I kick you three times and then you
kick me three times, and so on, back and forth, until someone gives up."

The attorney quickly thought about the proposed contest and decided that
he could easily take the old codger. He agreed to abide by the local custom.

The old farmer slowly climbed down from the tractor and walked up to the
city feller. His first kick planted the toe of his heavy work boot into
the lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees.

His second kick nearly ripped the man's nose off his face. The barrister
was flat on his belly when the farmer's third kick to a kidney nearly
caused him to give up.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his will and managed to get to his feet
and said, "Okay, you old coot, now it's my turn."

(I love this part......)

The old farmer smiled and said, "Naw, I give up. You can have the duck.