[Homestead] Hillbilly vasectomy

tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Tue Feb 8 18:58:36 EST 2005

*Hillbilly Vasectomy*

After having their 11th child, a Tennessee mountain couple decided 11
was enough, as they could not afford a larger bed.  So the husband went
to his veterinarian and told him that he and his cousin didn't want to
have any more children.

The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy that
could fix the problem but that it was expensive.  A less costly
alternative, said the vet, was to go home, get a cherry bomb, (fireworks
are legal in the Tennessee hills), light it, put it in an empty beer
can, then hold the can up to your ear and count to 10.

The redneck said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest man in the
world, but I don't see how putting a cherry bomb in a beer can next to
my ear is going to help me."

"Trust me, " said the veterinarian.

So the man went home, lit a cherry bomb and put it in a beer can.  The
held the can up to his ear and began to count:

"1"

"2"

"3"

"4"

"5"

At which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs, and
resumed counting on his other hand.

(This procedure also works in Mississippi, and West Virginia