[Homestead] Woman holds three jobs- to stay alive--Bush thinks that is hysterically funny

tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Tue Feb 8 16:57:15 EST 2005

*About White House Briefing*

Check here weekdays at mid-day for my read on the most interesting items
about the president and his staff from major newspaper, magazine and
broadcast Web sites and weblogs. (More
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A599-2004Jan8.html>)

• Suggestions? Comments? *E-mail Dan Froomkin
<mailto:froomkin at washingtonpost.com>*. Please include your name and
hometown. I may publish all or parts of your e-mail unless you specify
"not for publication."

*Recent Columns*
• 	*A Credibility Deficit *
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A5028-2005Feb7.html>
(washingtonpost.com, Feb. 7, 2005; 12:39 PM)
• 	*Avoiding the Tough Questions *
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63586-2005Feb4.html>
(washingtonpost.com, Feb. 4, 2005; 12:57 PM)
• 	*Omissions, Implications and Contradictions *
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A60631-2005Feb3.html>
(washingtonpost.com, Feb. 3, 2005; 1:03 PM)

• *More Columns*
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/politics/administration/whbriefing/archive>
• *Live Online: White House Talk*
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/liveonline/politics/froomkin/> •
*WH Briefing Reader Forum*
<http://forums.washingtonpost.com/wppolitics/messages/?topfolder=3>
* RSS Feed
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/administration/whbriefing/rssheadlines.xml>
| About RSS <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-adv/rss/front.htm> ** *

*Inside the White House*

*Useful Background Information:*
• *Who's Who in the White House
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/administration/whbriefing/whoswho.html>*
• *West Wing Floor Plan
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/administration/whbriefing/whitehousemap.html>*
• *White House Staff List and Salaries
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/administration/whbriefing/2004stafflistb.html>*
• *White House Correspondents
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/administration/whbriefing/correspondents.html>*
• *All About the WMD Commission
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/administration/whbriefing/wmdpanel.html>*

*White House Coverage*

*From The Washington Post*

• 	*Rice Visits Rome, Vatican, Heads to France *
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7080-2005Feb8.html?nav=headlines>
(Post, Feb. 8, 2005; 7:33 AM )
• 	*Troops' Pay Raise, Retooling Efforts Come With Price *
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6273-2005Feb7.html?nav=headlines>
(Post, Feb. 8, 2005 )
• 	*Bush Marketing Beats His Plan *
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6222-2005Feb7.html?nav=headlines>
(Post, Feb. 8, 2005 )

• * More Post Headlines
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/politics/administration/archive/>*

*More White House News and Links*

Site Meter <http://s19.sitemeter.com/stats.asp?site=s19froomkin>
Technorati Profile
<http://www.technorati.com/profile/froomkind/4570601/5397ce5bac378df23f4d5cda1dc439c7>

*Should Tax Dollars Fund Bush's Bubble?*
Tuesday, Feb 08, 2005; 11:39 AM

A controversial president barnstorms through the country attending
carefully controlled events where tickets are distributed by his own
party, where no one disagrees with a word he says and no one puts him on
the spot.

When this happened in the heat of the political season, the events and
at least part of the president's travel costs were being paid for by his
campaign. But now it's a post-election president spending tax dollars
and ostensibly acting in the public interest.

**

*BUSH: HOLDING THREE JOBS 'UNIQUELY AMERICAN'
Tues Feb 8 2005 9:27:01 ET

Last Friday when promoting social security reform with 'regular'
citizens in Omaha, Nebraska, President Bush walked into an awkward
unscripted moment in which he stated that carrying three jobs at a time
is 'uniquely American.'

While talking with audience participants, the president met Mary Mornin,
a woman in her late fifties who told the president she was a divorced
mother of three, including a 'mentally challenged' son.

The President comforted Mornin on the security of social security
stating that 'the promises made will be kept by the government.'

But without prompting Mornin began to elaborate on her life circumstances.

Begin transcript:

MS. MORNIN: That's good, because I work three jobs and I feel like I
contribute.

THE PRESIDENT: You work three jobs?

MS. MORNIN: Three jobs, yes.

THE PRESIDENT: Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic
that you're doing that. (Applause.) Get any sleep? (Laughter.)***