[Homestead] 2006 military budget balancing act

tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Mon Feb 7 16:25:36 EST 2005

Melody O. wrote:

>At 01:18 PM 2/7/05 -0500, you wrote:
>

>>Melody O. wrote:

>>>http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/4153541/detail.html
>>>Some people are still enjoying the kill:
>>>
>>>SAN DIEGO -- At a panel discussion in San Diego Tuesday, a top Marine
>>>general tells an audience that, among other things, it is "fun to shoot
>>>some people."
>>>
>>>The comment, made by Lt. Gen. James Mattis, came in reference to fighting
>>>insurgents in Iraq. He went on to say, "Actually, its a lot of fun to
>>>fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. I like brawling."
>>>
>>>"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for 5 years
>>>because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You know, guys like
>>>that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to
>>>shoot them."
>>>
>>>Really messed up, I'd say.
>>>

>>tvoivozhd---only if you don.t believe that  what's sauce for the goose
>>is sauce for the gander.  If I had been one of the guys liberating
>>Dachau or Auschwitz---or capturing Japan's Unit 731 butchers, and  goons
>>in charge of the Bataan Death March, I would have been laughing so hard
>>I could barely walk as they all collapsed in a pool of blood.  It's not
>>payment in full for their magnitude of their cruelty, but it's the best
>>you can do.
>>

>Soldiers just follow orders.  To laugh in glee as someone dies is hideous
>no matter who it is.  One can have a gladness that the task is done, but to
>laugh or think it is fun to kill proves what one is.
>
>Best wishes,
>Melody

tvoiivozhd--- "only follow orders" is the kind of bullshit which people
whcih only those  who were unborn or three thousand miles offshore can
utter with a straight face.  There are many motives in combat----orders
from above that are followed in broad outline becuse a unified effort
with all Army, Naval and Air Force units is necessary to win at minimum
cost.  More importantly to individuals--- you provide to other members
of your Company or Squadron the same level of support you expect them to
provide to you.  It is stupid to say you are ready to die for your
cuntry---what an intelligent and well-trained soldier wants to do is
make the enemy die for their country.  Laugh in glee is hideous?---you
are as full of shit as a Christmas goose.  You never saw or listened to
a downed pilot  a hundred yards off the' end of a jungle airstrip, with
all his skin cut off to the waist, trying to get back to us, screaming
in pain every inch of the way He died of course.  After that we took NO
Japanese prisoners and  cheered  as they died.  Proves what we all were
is right---your recommended reaction to calculated Japanese cruelty is
really sick.