[Homestead] 2006 military budget balancing act

tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Mon Feb 7 13:18:38 EST 2005

Melody O. wrote:

>At 10:43 AM 2/7/05 -0700, you wrote:
>

>>>tvoivozhd---I love having the best fighter plane in the
>>>world, but wafare is definitely moving to unmanned
>>>equipment of all kinds---need to be there fustest with the
>>>mostest.
>>>

>>I met a Marine pilot some years back who opined that killing enemy planes
>>was no fun anymore as they were still well beyond visual contact when the
>>missile took them out.
>>

>http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/4153541/detail.html
>Some people are still enjoying the kill:
>
>SAN DIEGO -- At a panel discussion in San Diego Tuesday, a top Marine
>general tells an audience that, among other things, it is "fun to shoot
>some people."
>
>The comment, made by Lt. Gen. James Mattis, came in reference to fighting
>insurgents in Iraq. He went on to say, "Actually, its a lot of fun to
>fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. I like brawling."
>
>"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for 5 years
>because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You know, guys like
>that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to
>shoot them."
>
>Really messed up, I'd say.

tvoivozhd---only if you don.t believe that  what's sauce for the goose
is sauce for the gander.  If I had been one of the guys liberating
Dachau or Auschwitz---or capturing Japan's Unit 731 butchers, and  goons
in charge of the Bataan Death March, I would have been laughing so hard
I could barely walk as they all collapsed in a pool of blood.  It's not
payment in full for their magnitude of their cruelty, but it's the best
you can do.