[Homestead] 2006 military budget balancing act

Melody O. melody at crecon.com
Mon Feb 7 12:58:48 EST 2005

At 10:43 AM 2/7/05 -0700, you wrote:

>>tvoivozhd---I love having the best fighter plane in the
>>world, but wafare is definitely moving to unmanned
>>equipment of all kinds---need to be there fustest with the
>>mostest.
>
>I met a Marine pilot some years back who opined that killing enemy planes
>was no fun anymore as they were still well beyond visual contact when the
>missile took them out.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/4153541/detail.html
Some people are still enjoying the kill:

SAN DIEGO -- At a panel discussion in San Diego Tuesday, a top Marine
general tells an audience that, among other things, it is "fun to shoot
some people."

The comment, made by Lt. Gen. James Mattis, came in reference to fighting
insurgents in Iraq. He went on to say, "Actually, its a lot of fun to
fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. I like brawling."

"You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for 5 years
because they didn't wear a veil," Mattis continued. "You know, guys like
that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to
shoot them."

Really messed up, I'd say.

Best wishes,
Melody