[Homestead] 2006 military budget balancing act

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Mon Feb 7 12:43:08 EST 2005

>tvoivozhd---I love having the best fighter plane in the
>world, but wafare is definitely moving to unmanned
>equipment of all kinds---need to be there fustest with the
>mostest.

I met a Marine pilot some years back who opined that killing enemy planes
was no fun anymore as they were still well beyond visual contact when the
missile took them out.

Killing the enemy with missiles is devastatingly effective with minimal
danger to the launchers. The next world war will be highly impersonal
except for those left living but maimed or worse. Something to look forward
to, eh?