[Homestead] Bulting, remodelling costs skyrocketing

Chris Clarke hstead at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 6 16:18:46 EST 2005

Homeowners hoping to add a room or remodel a kitchen often have
expectations that are "way out of whack" with what things cost, Zieba
added. "A homeowner may have a number -- $200,000 -- in his head. And
then we and our competitors bid it, and it's more like $350,000. They're

aghast."

Who ARE these people?   Where in world are getting 200K to REMODEL
a ROOM?  This is just beyond my expectations and experience, even
here in the relatively well-to-do RTP area of North Carolina.

Is this way the people on the "coasts" really live?

Chris