[Homestead] Gambling with retirement monies

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Fri Feb 4 13:10:38 EST 2005

>  Yet the same sort of low IQ who now thinks that SS funds are stashed
> away somewhere in a trust fund . . . .

Well, color me with low IQ. My view is that the SS fund excess is invested
in government securities, the most dependably reliable investment in the
world. If the U.S. government goes bankrupt, all bets are off except your
garden and woodlot. The paper proving the investment is in a file cabinet.
Now, there's an opening for you: is the file cabinet paper backed up with
copies elsewhere?; is the room fireproof?; is it earthquake proof?

Three percent for certain and with very low administrative costs is a sound
retirement investment. The only thing I don't like about the system is that
I am double taxed.