[Homestead] Morning thought

Clansgian at wmconnect.com Clansgian at wmconnect.com
Thu Feb 3 09:23:24 EST 2005

> The important part is that those invested funds are available when needed
> to pay benefits that exceed SS income. Those T-bills are as sound as the
> U.S. government. Other countries buy them.

Still, Gene, we're talking about one thing and one thing only when we talk
about the funds being available.  First, the type of T-Bill I am talking about
is one created especially for the SS to purchase from the US Government.
Individuals and other countries can't buy them, only the SS can.  "Invest" is an
intentionally misleading word, like "trust fund".  In this case "invest" is a
euphamism for "spend" because it all still comes down to this one thing ... the
only way the government has to redeem those SS T-Bills is to tax the people in
the year in which they are redeemed.  Those "investments" are only a promise
to increasingly tax the workers of the US and absoulutely nothing more than
that.

James