[Homestead] Morning thought

Lynda lurine at softcom.net
Wed Feb 2 18:13:16 EST 2005

You are wrong James.  You can roll over money from a given year to the next
year.  For example, federal block grants for education are routinely rolled
over.  Title IX grants are routinely rolled over.  Johnson/O'Malley funds
are routinely rolled over. ICWA funds are routinely rolled over.   In the
latter three cases you are funded for 5 to 10 years but each year has a
specific budget and receives funds on a yearly basis.  There is even a handy
dandy nifty little form just for that.

----- Original Message -----
From: <Clansgian at wmconnect.com>
> Not true.  If funding a appropriated for a certain project, it can be
> disbursed over a number of years, but that year's portion must be
reflected in that
> year's budget.  The government is empowered to borrow money (and that is a
> mistake) but it can in no wise carry a material surplus.  It cannot hold
cash and
> it cannot invest in the private sector as if it were a corporation or
> individual.  The so called "surpluses" when they occur are applied to the
> debt, which is not the same thing as what an individual would call a
> James
> _______________________________________________
> Homestead list and subscription:
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/homestead
> Change your homestead list member options:
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/lurine%40softcom.net
> View the archives at:
> http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/homestead

More information about the Homestead mailing list