[Homestead] Bogus Trust Fund

Clansgian at wmconnect.com Clansgian at wmconnect.com
Wed Feb 2 14:41:38 EST 2005

> Site references.  You keep talking about this law but I don't find it.  I
> find references within the law to trust funds.

Of course you do.  Do you think the government is going to be up front and
tell you what it really is?  There are many sources available that debunk the
"trust fund" myth.  For example:

Creation of Social Security’s trust fund, then, was a public-relations ploy.

What happened exactly? Section 201 of the Social Security Act, “Old-Age
Reserve Account,” was replaced by a new Section 201, “Federal Old-Age and
Survivors Insurance Trust Fund.”

Social Security’s Trust Fund, then, is really a Treasury account, nothing
more.

http://www.fee.org/vnews.php?nid=4569

James