[Homestead] Morning thought

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 2 10:23:39 EST 2005

At 2/2/2005, you wrote:
>The present system has very low overhead. I am coming to see the Bush
>proposal for personal investment accounts as only benefiting those who
>would receive management fees.

And a huge increase in monies invested in the market.  That large
investment would drive stock prices up and would encourage more
recklessness in the market.

Another point missed by the headlong rush to transfer millions from the
government to private interests are the death and disability benefits.

Don Bowen                          Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
http://www.braingarage.com
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=33.26598&longitude=-116.98509