[Homestead] a 'new' type of apple tree ?

DSanner106 at aol.com DSanner106 at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 23:47:36 EDT 2004

In a message dated 9/30/2004 6:49:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tonihawr at msn.com writes:
My Stark Bros catalog has been haunting
me for a few days now, (www.starkbros.com)<http://www.starkbros.com)/>
advertising 'potted' Colonnade apples - it
would seem that these would be less work
than espaliering and the continuous pruning
that requires - does anyone have any
personal experience with these ?

Toni
Hi Toni,
    I have some early experience with these and think they are a great idea,
but I have had a hard time keeping them alive. I have dozens of fruit trees
but these
have been the bane of my existence. That being said, Stark has continued to
work
on these since I had my early ones and they may be better now. good luck, and
let me know how they do for you if you try them.

Drew