[Homestead] Operation Truth

DSanner106 at aol.com DSanner106 at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 22:59:34 EDT 2004

In a message dated 9/29/2004 5:03:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tvoivozd at infionline.net writes:
General Abizaid quote: Gen. John Abizaid, head of the U.S. Central
Command and commander of all military forces in Iraq, told a House
Appropriations subcommittee in September that he could not "answer for
the record why we started this war with protective vests that were in
short supply."
heh, I can answer that as a member of a military family. My mother is
recently retired DOD and my stepfather currently is in DC, with homeland defense.
Bush did not pick the time for this and spend the years necessary to go to war,
he had been President a very short time and had to send the military in with
all that the Clinton years allowed. Vests were right up there on the list of
things there were no funds for during the last 8 years. My mother worked
specifically for Forscom at Ft. McPhereson. Her job was distributing this exact sort
of item to troops and listening to her lament the lack of funds for even the
most basic needs was really difficult. \\

Drew