[Homestead] Ancient Ham Radio Gear - Was survival plan

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 20:42:33 EDT 2004

At 9/29/2004, you wrote:
>>est and repair tube and transistors circuits. Don Bowen
>>
>>How about 40s-50s home radios ? My Ma's ole wooden clunker - that I still
>>listen to on
>>weekends - needs tubes - does anyone still manufacture an assortment of
>>tubes ?

Tubes are the problem.  My son tells me that eBay is a good source as are
old radio clubs.  Those old tube radios are as easy to trouble shoot as
transistor radios.  The schematics give voltages at various points and if a
value is out of range, a little thinking should puzzle out the problem

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA             http://www.braingarage.com