[Homestead] Operation Truth

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 29 20:19:57 EDT 2004

DSanner106 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/29/2004 3:17:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tvoivozd at infionline.net writes:
>It was a full year before safe-in-bed Bush even thought about
>

>>providing grunts with body armor and Humvee armor.
>>

>You mean the body armor and humvee armor Kerry, Edwards, Kennedy and their
>other cronies voted against????
>
>Drew

tvoivozhd---what the hell are you talking about---take a look at General
Abizaid's testimony in September, per Washington Post 10/04/03---and
Brigadier General Grange. CNN Analyst, Wolf Blitzer and General Joulwan,
Wolf Blitzer and General Shepherd---you can actually lap up the lying
Bush propaganda without choking??

General Abizaid quote: Gen. John Abizaid, head of the U.S. Central
Command and commander of all military forces in Iraq, told a House
Appropriations subcommittee in September that he could not "answer for
the record why we started this war with protective vests that were in
short supply."
[Loeb and Labbe, Washington Post, 10/4/03]

Let me tell you, Bush went into this war without taking care of the
grunts---this short quote from Genera Shepherd tells you all you need to
know---the Bush Bastard aka Old-Safe-In-A-Soft-Bed Bastard--never gave
the grunts a thought---knew there was insufficient body armor and Humvee
armor AND SENT THE GRUNTS IN TO DIE ANYWAY.
"So these shortage will drastically come down, but it does leave you
wondering why couldn't we have done this before the war, and we simply
didn't.” [CNN, 3/14/04]"

General Grange quote:
BRIG. GEN. DAVID GRANGE (RET.), CNN ANALYST: In reference to armored
vests, there was a shortage. I think most of that is solved now. And for
a while there, there were fund-raisers to send vests and people were
buying them for themselves. This is a long-term problem that SHOULD HAVE
BEEN FIXED, however, WELL BEFORE THE IRAQ WAR STARTED.

As General Grange states. BUSH gave no thought BEFORE the war to the
lives of the grunts, and NONE HIMSELFLATER---Congress belatedly funded
decent body armor and Humvee armor, not a goddamned word from Bush at
any time about the matter.

*FACT:* *Kerry Was a Lead Sponsor of the Amendment to Fund Our Nation’s
Troops in Iraq Through Rescinding the Bush Tax Cut for the Wealthy.*
Kerry would have supported this legislation if the Bush Administration
was willing to do the responsible thing and pay for it by rescinding the
tax cut for the wealthiest Americans – which they refused to do.

As he said in his statement, “Rather than asking for shared sacrifice
from Americans - as Senator Biden and I have proposed, he has refused to
repeal any of his tax cut for the wealthiest to pay for rebuilding Iraq.
Our troops are paying the highest price - and America's hard working
families shouldn't have to subsidize President Bush’s failure or line
the pockets of corporations like Halliburton trying to make a fast buck
in Iraq.”

*2. BUSH FICTION:* Kerry voted against body armor for troops in combat.

*FACT:* The very fact that vehicle and body armor funds were included in
this legislation – which was passed 7 months after the war began -- is
an acknowledgment that *Bush sent our troops into combat without
adequate protection*, forcing military families to scramble to pay for
this essential gear. General Abizaid admitted as much in testimony
before Congress.

“Soldiers will not patrol without the armor -- if they can get it. But
as of now, there is not enough to go around… Last month, Rep. Ted
Strickland (D-Ohio) and 102 other House members wrote to Rep. Duncan
Hunter (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, to
demand hearings on why the Pentagon had been unable to provide all U.S.
service members in Iraq with the latest body armor. In the letter, the
lawmakers cited reports that soldiers' parents had been purchasing body
armor with ceramic plates and sending it to their children in Iraq. The
demand came after Gen. John Abizaid, head of the U.S. Central Command
and commander of all military forces in Iraq, told a House
Appropriations subcommittee in September that he could not "answer for
the record why we started this war with protective vests that were in
short supply."
[Loeb and Labbe, Washington Post, 10/4/03]

*FACT:* *Retired Generals Agree: Bush Sent Troops to Iraq Without Proper
Protection. *

“BRIG. GEN. DAVID GRANGE (RET.), CNN ANALYST: In reference to armored
vests, there was a shortage. I think most of that is solved now. And for
a while there, there were fund-raisers to send vests and people were
buying them for themselves. This is a long-term problem that should have
been fixed, however, well before the Iraq war started.

BLITZER: General Joulwan, when people hear this, they go crazy. They
can't believe, in this day and age, the United States would send
military personnel into a war zone not fully prepared.

JOULWAN: Absolutely. I visited one of these units in December that was
getting ready to deploy. That was December, they were deploying in
January, and they were short basic equipment: radios, vests, armored
Humvees, et cetera. We're better than that as a nation, and we're better
than that as a military.

BLITZER: When you were there, General Shepperd, and you met with men and
women on the ground in the military, what were they saying to you?

SHEPPERD: Well, they were saying that we are short on the up- armored
Humvees, we're short of the proper body armor. Everybody had flack
jackets and some body armor, but not the new body armor. They showed us
the schedule, and said it was going to be done. They were short at that
time, I believe, around 1,400 up-armored Humvees that were coming into
the country, and the body armor was on schedule. So these shortage will
drastically come down, but it does leave you wondering why couldn't we
have done this before the war, and we simply didn't.” [CNN, 3/14/04]

*FACT:* It is hypocritical of the Bush Administration to criticize Kerry
for this when they didn't even ask for the funds for body and vehicle
armor to be added to this legislation – they were added by Congress
because they were desperately needed.

"Before approving the administration's $87 billion supplemental spending
bill for Iraq and Afghanistan, Congress added hundreds of millions of
dollars for more body armor, armored Humvees, and other systems to
protect soldiers from roadside bombs and ambushes."
[Loeb and Labbe, Washington Post, 10/4/03]