[Homestead] Education, a blue frog and lollipop tree

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 29 18:45:41 EDT 2004

DSanner106 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/29/2004 2:46:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>lurine at softcom.net writes:
>Unfortunately, the mentality that says only doctors know anything about
>medicine is still alive and well to the detriment of their patients in
>hospitals!
>You are so right, and this is one barrier we need to break down. My wife is a
>Family Nurse Practitioner in a state where people in some places have to
>drive 2 hours for a pediatrician and the doctors unions have seen to it FNP's
>cannot set up shop alone, they must be under a doctor, and he must see each
>patient. A terrible situation for everyone.
>
>Drew

tvoivozhd---in all hospitals the nurse is a lackey and doctors are God.
The nurse is permitted to transmit the knowledge she accumulated in a
lifetime of observation and observation, only to the doctor---never,
never, never to the patient who lives or dies as a result of quality of
medical treatment.  Why, on accasion my nurse-daughter sometimes
accompanies me around the VA hospital, and confers often with me on her
opinion of the doctors' treatment.  They can't shut her up because she
works in Wisconsin.

I have some very good doctors and a couple of idiots who know less about
current medical research and treatment than I do.
I'm not all that reticent about expressing my opinion, but mention of
"malpractice" causes a sudden silence among administrative staff.  The
cover-your-ass tradition is strong in hospitals, even in the VA where
lawsuits to get rid of killer-doctors are almost totally outlawed.