[Homestead] Ancient Ham Radio Gear - Was survival plan

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 08:41:19 EDT 2004

At 9/28/2004, you wrote:
>I had lots of fun with those.  Later when I hung
>out my shingle as a bench technician (now there's a dead trade!) I built all
>the Heathkit test equipment and just threw away some of it not a month ago.

There is some resurgence.  Fixing 60s era auto radios can keep one
busy.  The knowledge to trouble shoot those old transistor circuits is
fading fast and the people who are restoring to 100 points need working
radios.  I have (name completely escapes me) the schematics for many Delco
Radios, most of which can be tested with only a VOM.  Yes, I know how to
test and repair tube and transistors circuits.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA             http://www.braingarage.com