[Homestead] Education, a blue frog and lollipop tree

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 29 11:07:48 EDT 2004

DSanner106 at aol.com wrote:

>I agree, and this is a problem faced by not only women but men as well. My
>wife
>is a Nurse and Nursing Professor. While in school, she told me horrible
>stories about
>how male students were bashed, mistreated, given the worst patients, and
>toughest
>questions in an effort to drive them out of the program. They were typically
>outnumbered
>30-1 and would usually be the only male in a given class. The all female
>faculty (my wife
>still knows just 1 male nurse professor nationwide) panel had to be forced to
>admit them
>during the review process and really defended nursing as a female profession.
>As bad
>as the nursing shortage is in this country and others, we can't afford to
>turn away any
>seeking such a career.
>
>Drew

tvoivozhd---you are absolutely right---talent and commitment should
never be wasted.  I am all too familiar with the nursing
prefession---one daughter and one daughter-in-law are long-time
nurses---and in the VA Recovery room the excellent nurses are all male.
The idea that nursds are necesszrily female is absurd.