[Homestead] Pearl of the Antilles, a good charity

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 29 01:18:16 EDT 2004

Not here, but many memories of Dr. Mellon in the hospital he built in
the Artibonite Valley from his family inheritance.  He went to medical
school when he was forty six years of age---normally would not be
admitted, but was because his family financed the medical school so
heavily.  He and his wife were the hospital staff, later joined by
American volunteer nurses who stayed for about six months before
returning to the U.S.  My Polish partner Hospodar and I  sent him two
shiploads of medicine via Antillean Steamship Lines after a severe
hurricane.
http://www.savethechildren.org/countries/latin_america_caribbean/haiti.asp