[Homestead] Ideology triumphs over security

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Tue Sep 28 19:40:04 EDT 2004

DSanner106 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/28/2004 1:37:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tvoivozd at infionline.net writes:
>I was horrified to see that within two weeks after Bush took office, the
>CIA fired all of their expensively-trained Arabic translators because
>they were gay---who the hell needs to find out what our enemies have in
>mind for us anyway.  I never liked flying blind, but it is a way of life
>in the Oval Office.
>There are two nearly unbelievable aspects to this, One being that every
>single arabic translator was gay, and two, that somehow George Bush in his first
>two weeks of office

tvoivozhd---no, no and no.  That is a wild misinterpretation of what I
actually said and what actually happened---I watch anything to do with
national securithy like a hawk, and my horror is an understatement.

No they did not fire every Arabic translator.  Yes, they fired every gay
Arabic translator.  No, it is not illegal to fire gay translators in the
military or CIA.  Yes, it happened in the first two weeks Bush was in
office---coincidence? of course not---Clinton instituted the "don't ask,
don't tell", and routinely violated even that. Bush, all his staff and
political appointees are beholden to the religious right
crowd---wouldn't cross them for anything.  I read the religious right
publications on a daily basis too, even the Armageddon and heterosexual
marriage dissolution news that World Net Daily predicts as a result of
gay marriage.

>focused his energy into rooting out gay arabic translators and is the reason
>for this. In addition, it would be illegal to fire these employees due to
>sexual orientation and highly
>unlikely that such a thing would be done. Where did you read this ??

tvoivozhd---damn, don't you read anything but your local newspaper?  I
posted this within two weeks of Bush taking office, expressing my
outrage because experienced the military implications of being unable to
communicate with people with whom my Air Commandos  came in contact.  As
a result we had a hell of a time learning where the Japanese were
located or intruding.  Unlikely, my ass.  How did you come to such a
bizarre conclusion?  The news was not in every newspaper, because every
newspaper editor does not personally realize the implications of the CIA
firing Arabic translators---usually take their news from the AP nursing
bottle alone.

You make sense on a lot of things, but I'm going to bite hell out of you
on this lapse of logic.