[Homestead] Perspective in foreign affairs

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Tue Sep 28 12:28:43 EDT 2004

>The struggle against Islamist terrorism is neither the rosy success story
>painted by Allawi and President Bush nor the disastrous free-fall
>described by John Kerry. Instead, it is one unresolved battle in the
>long-term struggle summarized by the title of Kepel's new book, "The War
>for Muslim Minds."

I see something similar long-term struggle here in the USA. The abortion
dilemma and stem cell research debate are evidence of deep divisions. Make
no mistake, there are those in power who do not speak their minds fully in
public but have powerful agendas. The primary problem is the religious
belief: I am right and you are therefore wrong. Quite possibly irresolvable.