[Homestead] Electoral College map in great detail

Rob becidawa at hctc.com
Sun Sep 26 18:43:47 EDT 2004

At  9/26/2004 10:17 AM, you wrote:
>ld be a lot better if Electoral College ceased to exist,  majority vote
>prevailed and proportional vote gave minorities a role in government.
>Winner-take-all gives too much power to small or non-existent majorities.

The Electorical College puts all the States on an almost equal footing, the
small population states are still worth courting. Without it the smaller
States are just not needed by the politicians.
I'd think 5 or 6 times before I'd redo what those wise men did 200+ years
ago.... no way would today's politicians (or public) allow the government
to be restricted like the Constitution does.

Rob
becidawa at hctc.com