[Homestead] Innumeracy and housebuilding

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Sat Sep 25 13:37:23 EDT 2004

>If people are stupid enough to build in in such areas, their houses should
>be concrete domes or hexagons.  Those who don't, find out that stupid
>people and their fortunes, stupid people and their lives are soon separated.

I value self-direction, so I have no objections to letting people reap the
results of their choices. I do object to spending taxes on predictable
recurring problems, whether flooding of, gasp, flood plains, or the tipping
of tipsy homes in hurricane alley. It is difficult to understand why
Florida does not have appropriate building codes.