[Homestead] Abaco under the Hurricane Gun

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Fri Sep 24 18:25:02 EDT 2004

Hoo-Boy, glad I don't have to sweat that out.  Abaco was my old Bahamian
home,140 miles long and breadth of a finger wide.  Except at the
southeast rock wall a storm surge cuts the islandin numerous places. I
always feared that because of an under-ten-knot top speed, I couldn't
get out of the way of a hurricane with my hemaphrodite-rigged 56-foot
schooner---even with good weather forecasting, which then did not exist.