[Homestead] Snake oil in Texas and snake oil in looming Fed Legislation

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Wed Sep 22 12:43:08 EDT 2004

>But Bush served notice at this summer's Republican National Convention
>that if reelected, he plans to make "tort reform" a key part of his
>second-term agenda. In the president's view, lawsuits raise costs for
>businesses, doctors and ultimately consumers. He says there are better
>ways to protect the public against shoddy products and services.

Yes, of course jury awards cost incompetent and dishonest businesses and
doctors (and Realtors). They should cost and they should hurt. Consumers
need protection from those who are incompetent and/or dishonest. Until Bush
spells out the "better ways" to protect the public, I will continue to
understand that his strong pro-business mindset will continue to cause him
to push various legislation that helps big business and hurts consumers. If
you are incompetent or dishonest in your dealings with others you should
vote for Bush.