[Homestead] Out of Virginia, out of low-paid public school teachiing----at long last

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 22 15:57:38 EDT 2004

Youngest daughter closed on her house two days ago, paid all her bills,
and is getting out of Dodge today---heading for a 90-day sojourn in
Pennsylvania, a series of concentric circles around Philadelphia for
starters in finding a place to live that she likes (rent first, buy
later).  Philadelpha area is certainly more habitable than New York, lot
of small, still fairly static and charming small towns and dead dairy
farms with springs, creeks and pondsites.  Bucks County is now wqy too
expensive---my oldest daughter who has spent a lot of time in Horsham
the past several years, as peripatetic Compliance Manager for a
healthcare, medicine-dispensing company---an AARP relic, suggested the
youngest daughter look around south of Philadelphia to look at small
towns and farms---Lynn, move over, you might have a new neighbor.

Hoooray---Ray Zentz escaped first, one of the things that encouraged my
daughter to follow suit.

Thank you, Hurricane Ivan, for avoiding Virginia Beach----nope, I didn't
bribe Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell for altering its course either.

I will never again go to that hellhole of a Virginia Beach even if I
lived lolng enough..