[Homestead] Fwd: Think This Over

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Tue Sep 21 18:06:32 EDT 2004

Don Bowen wrote:

> [...]
> than inflation. America spends far more per person on health care than
> any other nation, yet our medical system ranks 37th -- behind countries
> like Spain and Italy. Citizens of 23 countries live longer on average
> than Americans.
>
> HEALTH CARE PREMIUMS RISE SHARPLY
> Under Bush's watch, health insurance premiums have risen to their
> highest rate in 13 years. American households will spend an average of
> $15,000 on health care costs, or almost one-fifth of their total income
> in 2004.
>
> PRESCRIPTION DRUG PRICES CONTINUE TO RISE
> Drug prices have risen nearly 3 times faster than inflation under
> President Bush, but his Medicare plan bars the government from
> negotiating lower prices with drug companies. The result? $139 billion
> in new profits for drug companies over the next 8 years.
>
> RECORD MEDICARE PREMIUM INCREASE
> Medicare health insurance premiums will rise by 17.5% in 2005, amounting
> to the largest Medicare premium increase in dollars in history.
>
> POOREST ELDERLY LOSE IMPORTANT COVERAGE
> President Bush's new Medicare legislation strips the poorest 6 million
> elderly Americans of eligibility for joint coverage by Medicare and
> Medicaid.
>
> ENVIRONMENT
> WORSENING AIR QUALITY
> More than 1 in 3 Americans breathes polluted air, leading to 200 deaths
> a day. Yet the Bush administration's Clear Skies Act would repeal key
> parts of the Clean Air Act and allow more pollution from coal-fired
> plants.
>
> DIRTIER, TOXIC WATER
> President Bush's appointees changed the Clean Water Act so it no longer
> applies to up to 60% of our rivers, lakes and streams - permitting
> industries to pollute these waterways.
>
> LOGGING NATIONAL FORESTS AND ANCIENT TREES
> President Bush has opened millions of acres of our national parks and
> wilderness to logging, mining, and oil drilling, and plans timber sales
> in Alaska's national forests, Oregon's ancient forests, and the Grand
> Canyon game preserve. The Bush administration says 190 million acres of
> national forests must be "thinned" to prevent forest fires - an area
> 100 times greater than the Forest Service's estimates.
>
> CITIZENS NOW PAY FOR CLEAN-UP
> The Bush administration has shifted the environmental clean-up burden
> from the polluter to the taxpayer. One in 4 Americans lives within 4
> miles of a toxic "Superfund" site. In 1995, taxpayers paid 18% of the
> cost to clean up toxic waste sites - now we pay all of the cost.
>
> MORE VULNERABLE TO OIL PRICE HIKES
> George Bush's energy plan virtually ignores renewable energy - instead
> giving over $40 billion in tax credits and subsidies to coal, oil and
> nuclear corporations. The administration let auto fuel efficiency sink
> to a 22 yr. low. Yet, scientists predict that within 16 years we'll hit
> "The Big Rollover"  - when demand for oil outstrips capacity, leading

tvoivozhd---a Do-Nothing-President, unluss you count all the mindless
disasters he has inflicted on the United
States.  Must have been the Crystal Meth Parties in Dallas that wiped
out his brain cells.

> WORSENING GLOBAL WARMING
> Global warming is a greater threat than terrorism, says the Pentagon. In
> his 2000 campaign, George W. Bush called for regulating carbon dioxide,
> the main cause of global warming. But he then refused to set limits on
> this greenhouse gas and pulled out of the Kyoto Protocol, a
> global-warming prevention treaty signed by 155 countries.
>
> OUR DEBT
> OUR NATION'S DEBT NOW BIGGEST IN HISTORY
> Our national debt has hit a record $7.3 trillion - equal to $1 million a
> day for 20,000 years. The longer we wait to reduce this debt the more
> we'll have to raise taxes, cut public services, face massive inflation,
> or pass on an irresponsible burden to generations to come

tvoivozhd---as Cheney says, Bush nodding his head or just nodding,
"Deficits Don't Matter"

> .
>
> OUR DEBT IS GETTING MUCH WORSE
> President Bush turned a $236 billion annual budget surplus into a $422
> billion deficit. When he took office the nation's total debt was $5.6
> trillion and declining, but President Bush has increased it by over 30%
> -- $1.7 trillion. That's more than any president in history.

tvoivozhd---yup, Bush has got another four trillion of debt planned for
our grandchildren and their grandchildren.

> INTEREST PAYMENTS ARE SOARING
> At current rates, by 2009 our government will spend more on interest on
> this debt than on all domestic discretionary programs combined. As it
> is, paying interest on the debt costs us more than homeland security,
> education, transportation, justice and environment budgets combined.
>
> TAX CUTS ARE MAINLY TO BLAME
> President Bush's tax cuts resulted in $166 billion less revenue in 2003
> or about 44% of our deficit. In 2000, 63% of the nation's corporations
> paid no federal taxes at all -- yet President Bush wants to give
> companies an additional $119 billion in tax cuts.

tvoivozhd---it's just money, and Bush won't have to pay off any of it.

> PROGRAM CUTS ARE NOT A SOLUTION
> Bush plans to cut biomedical research, health care, job training and
> veterans funding, but we'll still end up with a deficit of $422 billion
> this year alone.
>
> OUR EDUCATION
> SCHOOL ACHIEVEMENT GAP GROWS
> Under President Bush, the U.S. has continued to fall behind other
> industrial nations in academic performance. Our high school graduation
> rate is lower than in countries like France, Germany and Japan.

tvoivozhd---he wants to reduce education, academic achievement and
business opportunity to the level of Burkina
Faso---looks like he is succeeding remarkably well.

> BROKEN PROMISE FOR "NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" ACT
> President Bush said the No Child Left Behind Act was designed to close
> this achievement gap, yet in 2004 his budget provided $9 billion less
> for the Act than Congress authorized. In fact, President Bush has never
> met the level of funding authorized to implement his key education Act.
>
> AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS: UNDERFUNDED
> Up to 15 million children go home from school to empty homes, yet
> President Bush's 2005 budget includes only half the funding he promised
> for after-school programs in the No Child Left Behind Act.

tvoivozhd---after school?? No Child Left Behind?  More Bushbabble.

> SCHOOLS REJECT DEMANDS NOT BACKED WITH FUNDS
> Under funding the No Child Left Behind Act means that many schools are
> unable to meet the Act's strict requirements. In Reading, Pennsylvania,
> the school board has sued the state and federal governments, saying the
> Act has created an unfair financial burden on the schools.
>
> NO HELP FOR SOARING COLLEGE COSTS
> College tuition and fees have risen 35% since President Bush took
> office, yet the Bush administration has refused to provide funding that
> would allow more students to attend college.  For 3 straight years,
> Bush has broken his campaign promise to increase the federal student
> Pell Grant maximum to $5,100 a year.

tvoivozhd---by this time any one with more intelligence than a dung
beetle knows he cannot tell the truth.  I've seen a lot of Presidents
come and go in my eighty three years on this earth, and not even Hoover
had such mighty ambition to destroy America.  A fatal accident would be
nice, but my bumper-sticker reads, "Lord, protect me from those who
believe in you."