[Homestead] Mother moves more mainstream/RFK Jr. on environment

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Tue Sep 21 13:29:46 EDT 2004

The Mother Earth News is seeking to broaden its appeal by showcasing
celebrities who are doing those things that TMEN regulars espouse. The
current, October/November 2004, issue features an article about and by
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and his  environmental work. Here's a quote from the
article:

"Moreover, I don't believe there are Republican or Democratic children. Nor
do I think that it benefits our country when the environment becomes the
province of one party, and most national environmental leaders agree with
me. But today, if you ask those leaders to name the greatest threat to the
global environment, the answer wouldn't be overpopulation, or global
warming, or sprawl. The nearly unanimous response would be George W. Bush.
You simply can't talk honestly about the environment without criticizing
this president. George W. Bush will go down as the worst environmental
president in our nation's history. . . ."