[Homestead] - - - who the hell cares.

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 16:59:16 EDT 2004

At 9/20/2004, you wrote:
>Provo finally got a job through a temp agency for $8.50 an hour, less than
>$18,000 a year and a little more than a third of his pay at Viasystems. He
>was just getting his life back together when, in November last year, his
>heart failed him. "My doctor told me, 'You've got a choice: You can work
>or you can live,' " he said.
>
>*That* is what melts ole Hard-hearted Hannah here - it seems to me that a
>great many good men *are* their 'work' so how can they 'live' without it ?

That is one of the many reasons I am taking what resources I can gather and
hitting the road.  I aged out of my career and have had to piece together
work.  I have a small woodworking and home repair business that is
providing but why waste all that time working?  There altogether too many
books to read and walks to take.

"I guess there are never enough books." -- John Steinbeck
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who
can't read them". - Mark Twain
"Don't join the book burners. Don't think you are going to conceal faults
by concealing evidence that they ever existed. Don't be afraid to go into
your library and read every book." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
"Hard-covered books break up friendships. You loan a hard covered book to a
friend and when he doesn't return it you get mad at him. It makes you mean
and petty. But twenty-five cent books are different." - John Steinbeck

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA             http://www.braingarage.com