[Homestead] Bill Greider on the present state of affairs

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Mon Sep 20 00:14:41 EDT 2004

Marie McHarry wrote:

>I've always appreciated the insights that Bill Greider has to offer. Here's
>what he has to say of Iraq: http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/19912/
>Marie

tvoivozhd---eloquent, deadly logical article---a completely true and a
damning  condemnation of  Bush  stupidity---but anyone with more
intelligence than a  roach knows that already.  The "Apres Moi Le
Deluge" President is focussed on  losing in Iraq, destroying the middle
class, kicking out all the rungs in the ladder for the poor to enter the
middle class, conducting the most vicious and successful class warfare
we have ever seen---and issuing a blizzard of lies about the war and the
economy to win the next election..

Still, as a serious student of warfare, and Ex-Commander of the 538th
Fighter Bomber Group, I am even more fearful of  the consequence of
Cut-and-Run.  I do not know if Iraq is salvagable on any basis, but I
feel we must try until and if we are driven out.  Maybe the U.S.
military commanders in Iraq can turn off their hearing aids---General
Tommy Franks retired to get away from the Great Micromanager in the
White House.