[Homestead] Americans, go home !

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Sun Sep 19 23:08:46 EDT 2004

DSanner106 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/19/2004 4:59:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>mmcharry at dtnspeed.net writes:
>I don't want this to happen -- does any American? -- but I don't see any
>effort being made to prevent it as we spend our, more and more limited,
>resources on Iraq.
>
>Marie
>But we are there, so we need to quit this sniping over past decisions and
>deal with the present. If you would have us just leave Iraq, we will empower the
>terrorists for generations to come with the "victory" over america. We are
>committed to finishing things there and handing the country over to an elected
>govt. January is still the date for this. We do need to improve the port
>inspection process, and although much is being done the public is not aware of, more
>can be. Can we do both? of course. The national guard would play no role in a
>port authority crackdown. Electronic surveillance has been stepped up and
>training and hiring of port authority security is going on. We can only hope it is
>enough and on time.
>
>Drew

tvoivozhd---can't leave,we have to stay there to reconstitute the Iraq
security forces we wantonly destroyed.  Remember Nixon's ("secret plan"
to end the war in Viet Nam?---his "secret" was to cut ant run, leave our
S. Viet and Hmong allies slowly twisting in the wind while we raced back
home.  We paid heavily for that insanity, had no military credibility
for forty years---a reputation as a paper tiger in the Mideast
guarantees our participation in a lot of small, maybe a monster war
involuntarily thrust upon us.

Bad planning or no planning at all, and insufficient force has
unnecessarily made Iraq a wildly expensive fiasco, but the only exit
strategy is to make it look more like a win instead of all losses.
Cut-and-Run is the most expensive strategy of all.  We might be able to
afford the great cost and discomfort of toughing it out---we absolutely
cannot afford the immediate and ultimate cost of Cut-and-Run.  What's
past is past and we can't affect it.  We must concentrate on the only
thing available to us,---the future.