[Homestead] Eminent Domain, its terrible power, abuse

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Sun Sep 19 18:25:24 EDT 2004

Nancy wrote:

>> "While Bush claims publicly to "do everything I can to defend the
>> power of private property and private property rights," he and his
>> partners in the Texas Rangers arranged for Texas authorities to
>> expropriate private land to allow the investors their new baseball
>> stadium. When some resisted, or balked at the low prices being
>> offered, their land was condemned and expropriated it by force of
>> law. This occurred on 270 acres of land, even though only about 17
>> acres were needed for the ballpark. The rest was used by Bush and Co.
>> for commercial development, and has provided the basis of his
>> personal fortune."
>>

> This is absolutely what happened.  I lived in Arlington, TX (home of
> the Texas Rangers) when this happened.  The same thing happened with
> the Texas Motor Speedway property north of Fort Worth.  The land was
> taken by the "Sports Authority" and given to private enterprise.  The
> displaced people were given very little money for their property.
>
> Nancy

tvoivozhd---Bush didn't have the mental capacity to start and run a
successful business in Texas---his were utter failures bailed out by
Daddy's political cronies---but he did learn how to milk local
taxpayers for the Texas Rangers---that was entirely enough---money in
the bank.  You can always rely on a corrupt politician to learn how to
steal money from taxpayers---and Bush was corrupt as hell.