[Homestead] Education---Catch 'em early

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Sun Sep 19 11:57:59 EDT 2004

Kathyann Natkie wrote:

>Toni Hawryluk wrote:
>

>>>How about a less litigious society where a woman can bring her child to work with her?
>>>Kathyann, who was lucky enough to have both worlds
>>>

>>At what cost - to her, to her child/children,
>>to her ?spouse?, to her employer, to *other*
>>taxpayers .... ?
>>

>We already established the cost of a good childhood is priceless to
>society. Less costs overall from functional people. The question now is
>does that mean the state should take them earlier for a "early
>education" or society should include mothers with their children in our
>midst until the children are ready to be independent.
>
>Kathyann

tvoivozhd "should" is meaningless---in today's society (and  tomorrow's
too), mother doesn't stay home to watch and take care of the kids.  So
who else can?---only the state.  With the U.S. in the identical position
in this respect as was the Soviet Union, which established combination
daycare centers and schools in residential neighborhoods---all with
walking distance, a proven highly successful solution is the obvious one
to follow---and it is equally obvious you can't turn the kids into the
streets to fend for themselves.