[Homestead] something completely different

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Fri Sep 17 11:43:53 EDT 2004

"Much of the increase in household net worth came from rising real estate
values. The Fed said the market value of household real estate, which
includes owner-occupied homes, second homes and vacant land, rose 2.9
percent to $15.713 trillion in the second quarter."

Real estate has always been the basis of wealth. Home ownership in the USA
is at a record level and rising. Coincidentally, and apropos to an earlier
discussion, I recently read that credit card debt is down. One might
speculate that economic conditions of the last few years have created a
mindset of hunkering down and being financially conservative.