[Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record

clanSkeen sgian at planetc.com
Thu Sep 16 08:07:58 EDT 2004

> tvoivozhd---you are absolutely right---don't know how so
> muchdisinformation about IBM Selectrixs ever got around or why the hell
> anyone would believe ig unless they had no regard for fact.  In very
> early 1960's I was a partner in a well-known Management Consulting
> firm---advertising daily in the Wall Street Journal.  We had an IBM
> Selectric with all the bells and whistles, centering, jusstification,
> upper and lower half-spacing, white-out tape.  It sure as hell did not
> cost $3500, though we would gladly paid that and more---it cost us $700,
> period.

It's not so simple as just proportional spacing, though.   The lines in the
memo are vertically proportionally spaced.  That is, between lines of the
same paragraph of 10 pt type there are 13 pt spaces between lines, not even
half lines that the IMB Selectrics were capable of.  Also notice that the
tail of the 'y' tucks under the previous letter.  The Selectrics could not
do this.  No typewriter ever did this.

James