[Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record

tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 15 09:20:20 EDT 2004

Wendy wrote:

>Linda,
>You are right.  The company I worked for in the late 70's and 80's had these older Selectrics that had been at the company long before I started. We had special balls that substituted the common superscripts for some of the less common keys like the ~, ^, and * were replaced with superscript th, st, nd.  There were other substitutions also, but I was not a secretary, so I didn't use them much and don't remember.  I just know that whenever I tried to use the ^ key when typing an equation, I needed to cuss, change the ball and get the white-out.
>Wendy

tvoivozhd---you are absolutely right---don't know how so
muchdisinformation about IBM Selectrixs ever got around or why the hell
anyone would believe ig unless they had no regard for fact.  In very
early 1960's I was a partner in a well-known Management Consulting
firm---advertising daily in the Wall Street Journal.  We had an IBM
Selectric with all the bells and whistles, centering, jusstification,
upper and lower half-spacing, white-out tape.  It sure as hell did not
cost $3500, though we would gladly paid that and more---it cost us $700,
period.

>  Lynda

tvoivozhd---yeah---the experts you cite sure as hell are,  Cost
thousands my ass---$700, and  worth every penny---take it from a a
satisfied owner..

>  >
>  >
>  > Fake and you know it

tvoivozhd---your experts are fake, and now you  know it!