[Homestead] CBS recant ... NOT!

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Tue Sep 14 22:39:26 EDT 2004

RayZentz at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 9/14/2004 12:40:53 AM Central Standard Time,
>tonihawr at msn.com writes:
>
>How many  Americans have to die before
>some looney-tune figures out there *is*
>no  "legitimate government that represents
>all the people of Iraq* any more  than
>than the looney in Wh___ House represents
>*all* Americans  ?
>

>You know, using your criteria, no one has a "legitimate" government  anywhere.
>
>By default, however, your government represents you.   You may be
>dis-satisfied, dis-enfranchised, or any other "dis" word.   You still  live here, and
>you are under the influence of government, like it or not.

tvoivozhd---as far as I know, the only way to change government is to
vote it out of office---the Rehnquist/Scalia/homas appointing a
President to office isn't going to happen again.

>Choosing, or creating, or weeding out... ,whatever, a "legitimate"
>government, involves, in my opinion, one that is acceptable to the majority of  the
>populace in question.   It also involves a government that will  not abuse (too
>much, anyway) minority groups in their populace.
>
>This has been stated before, and is unavoidable.  Like it or not, we  are
>involved in Iraq... until such time as the area "stabilizes".   I  fear that it
>may be a very long time, but the alternative.. pulling out before  the process
>is complete... will hold far worse consequences.
>
>Ray

tvoivozhd---impossible to cut and run---the consequences would be
dreadful beyone imagining.  Due to bad planning or no planning at all,
in spite of Gen. Frank's heroic efforts, Iraq is a cesspool---ad hoc
clambering about in it isn't going to smell well for anybody.  After we
were positioned to neutralize Fallujah, we vacillated (Washington
orders), pulled out and completely lost control of it---now trying to
re-enter, which will be more difficult than if done when we were first
ready to do so.  We are paying the price for too little, too late.