[Homestead] CBS recant ... NOT!

RayZentz at aol.com RayZentz at aol.com
Tue Sep 14 19:03:40 EDT 2004

In a message dated 9/14/2004 12:40:53 AM Central Standard Time,
tonihawr at msn.com writes:

How many  Americans have to die before
some looney-tune figures out there *is*
no  "legitimate government that represents
all the people of Iraq* any more  than
than the looney in Wh___ House represents
*all* Americans  ?

You know, using your criteria, no one has a "legitimate" government  anywhere.

By default, however, your government represents you.   You may be
dis-satisfied, dis-enfranchised, or any other "dis" word.   You still  live here, and
you are under the influence of government, like it or not.

Choosing, or creating, or weeding out... ,whatever, a "legitimate"
government, involves, in my opinion, one that is acceptable to the majority of  the
populace in question.   It also involves a government that will  not abuse (too
much, anyway) minority groups in their populace.

This has been stated before, and is unavoidable.  Like it or not, we  are
involved in Iraq... until such time as the area "stabilizes".   I  fear that it
may be a very long time, but the alternative.. pulling out before  the process
is complete... will hold far worse consequences.

Ray