[Homestead] Our Maximum Leader's real military record

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Sat Sep 11 14:21:04 EDT 2004

DSanner106 at aol.com wrote:

>Chicago news reported these documents were faked, anyone hear any more about
>that?
>Drew

tvoivozhd---I don't look at television other than weather reports and
science channels, so have no reaction to programs like Sixty Minutes, or
to what other program Chicago News referred.  But thanks to Freedom Of
Information, the Government has provided the military documents it has
in file---these all verify that Bush got into the National Guard over a
host of less politically powerful applicants (a most suspicious event,
though intervention of the powerful is not necessarily a crime), and
they verify what in my military service what would be called dereliction
of duty and a court martial offense in failing to take his physical to
stay qualified for flight duty.  There is some speculation that the F105
was obsolescent and therefore staying qualified for flight should not be
required---now THAT is complete bullshit---planes constantly become
obsolete, are replaced with improved versions, and ALL active duty or
reserve pilots are trained on them as long as they fulfill their
physical exam requirement, which they damn well better do or get
court-martialed and dishonorably discharged.

I flew twenty four different types of military aircraft, half a dozen or
less with an instructor in the co-pilot seat.  The routine was simple,
read the flight manual, spend a half hour in the cockpit familiarizing
yourself with the instrument layout, location of throttles, flaps, wheel
levers, fuel crossfeed valves, fire extinguisher, escape mechanisms
etc.  and take off, practice stalls, spins and spin-recovery, shoot
landings.  After that  comes a more prolonged classroom and joint flight
training in tactics suitable for the new airplane in combat
situations---then you do or die.  As planes become more and more
expensive, training in their use becomes more rigorous and time element
expands, but it is a matter of degree, not differing in principle.

I have seen a few pilots court-martialed for refusing to do their
duty---somewhat understandable for those flying P-26's against Zeroes,
with a life expectancy of thirty minutes, and for B-24's over Germany
with an 8% attrition rate over critical targerts like Ploesti and
Schweinfurt---figure that out, eight or nine missions was an aircrew
life expectancy.  But for a guy to cut and run who has never seen or
experienced combat is absolutely incomprehensible.