[Homestead] Pacific islanders - - -

Toni Hawryluk tonihawr at msn.com
Fri Sep 10 16:50:15 EDT 2004

> >Grant-writing is taught in some Community Colleges ....
> >I don't remember if it's a "regular" course or one of
> >the ones provided as "Continuing Education".
> >
> As soon as I settle in, I plan to research this some more.  They are still
> trying to get me to just come over for 6 months and observe the canoe
> carving but I would like to have the money to get the local college to film
> the process.
> Don Bowen

There are people at Community Colleges whose
primary job is to give away money to "students" -
use "grant" and "publicity for ____" in the same
sentence a few times while you are determining
who is actually in charge of disbursing funds.

A "business plan" helps, too, *before* you
approach anybody, showing you've given the
matter some thought and you do "mean business" -
giving them ample credit, *of course* ....

And for the 'plan', there must be a gov-"Small Business
Bureau somewhere near you - retired executives
volunteer to help people in various business ways
and what better way than to record history being
made ? By "disadvantaged" people, yet ?

Toni