[Homestead] Bamboo, most valuable, fastest growingtree-grass in world

Toni Hawryluk tonihawr at msn.com
Fri Sep 10 04:03:45 EDT 2004

Tvo typed :
> Kudzu is only one of the horrors that serve as cautions. In my
part of the world multiflora rose was pushed by the extension agents. It is
now considered an invasive pest. Same with certain olive species. Same with
some fishes.

.. same with English ivy in the Pacific Northwest
that is now strangling trees in parks and freeway
medians - and has escaped in some of the
"recreation" "forests"/State parks, etc. ... as has
milfoil in many waterways and water hyacinth in
Florida. (There was something about water
hyacinth purifying sewage but I've forgotten
where) Pepper trees in Florida, too. I don't know
about the eucalyptus in California - haven't read
anything about that lately - it was imported for the
timber industry but it wouldn't grow here the way
it did in Australia ...

Toni