[Homestead] Wood ! but not here .... includes image

Toni Hawryluk tonihawr at msn.com
Thu Sep 9 19:18:11 EDT 2004

tvoivozhd---
> as a recalcitrant if incapacitated farmer, this is something I approve
of.  It doesn't make sense to attempt to "farm" trees that take 200
years to mature.  A tree that grows to 150 feet in fifteen years excites
my admiration---no "tree farmer" in the Uhited States ever dreamt of
such a crop---and its profit potential. The insatiable demand for wood
products is not going to diminish,but trees this superior will go a long
way toward pluggig the gap.  I'm happy you ran across this article---I
certainly missed it.

Happy to oblige - besides, it just shows how
far "forestry" is from *Forest* (and Gaia).

Toni

  http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/tonihawr%40msn.com
  View the archives at:
  http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/homestead