[Homestead] get up before the chickens, go to sleep ....

Walter H.Jeffries Highlands at blacklightning.com
Thu Sep 9 14:37:20 EDT 2004

> Light at Night May Be Linked to Cancer
> Disrupting the Body's Internal "Clock" Could Have Impact

I've read this sort of thing before as well as research that talked
about night light harming children's eye development. I have a hard
time taking it seriously though since at night we have a bright moon
lighting up the landscape much of the time and almost always enough
star light to easily move around and see by at night. Nights are not
black unless there is very deep cloud cover with no moon. We live out
in the sticks so there aren't any artificial lights, even on the
horizon, but there is still lots of light most nights. Having some
light at night is a part of the natural cycle.

There are a lot of other explanations for poor eye sight (watching TV
too much, poor nutrition) and a rise in childhood leukemia, breast
cancer and colorectal cancer (all the pollutants in the environment).
The problem with the studies is they are correlational and may be
missing other causes.