[Homestead] The LaFollette clan

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 8 17:51:41 EDT 2004

Baraboo, WI    Saturday, September 18, 2004

Join Hightower at the Sauk County Fairgrounds for the Third Annual
Fighting Bob Fest. Fighting Bob Fest is an annual Chautauqua featuring
progressive speakers, networking opportunities, and entertainment,
carrying on the tradition of Robert "Fighting Bob" La Follette by
providing a forum for progressive ideas on issues facing Wisconsin and
the nation. Hightower is scheduled to speak in the early evening,
although the exact time is loose. Saulk County Fairgrounds is located on
Washington Ave. (at 4th St.). Admission is free, although a $10 donation
is suggested to cover the costs of putting on the event. For more
information, call (608) 256-1003 or visit www.fightingbobfest.org.

 http://www.fightingbobfest.org/

tvoivozhd---if I was in good enough shape to survive the trip, I'd go to
Baraboo.  Bob LaFollette II nd was my Russian Language classmate and
very first business partner after graduating from College. Not for long,
he took off for Anchorage and summers alone with bears and moose seven
or eight hundred miles from any civilization---flown in and out by
floatplane.  He could afford it, Phil La Follette among others,
represented the Hazeltine Corporation which held almost all radio
patents.  Bob IInd is certainly dead now, but was a very good friend
whose memory was revived by Jim Hightower.