[Homestead] Voting the pocketbook

Tvoivozhd tvoivozd at infionline.net
Wed Sep 8 13:52:37 EDT 2004

RayZentz at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/4/2004 7:48:46 PM Central Standard Time,
> tvoivozd at infionline.net writes:
>
>     If the average voter responds correctly to the question, "Are you
>     better
>     off today than four years ago", Bush is gone---especially in Ohio and
>     Pennsyovania.  A furious spin has its limitations when matched
>     with reality.
>

> My answer to the question is "Yes", but this has absolutely nothing to
> do with Bush, Clinton, or any political party.   It has to do with the
> fact that I have goals and a purpose for my life, and I am working to
> improve it.   I.   Me.   I ask for nothing from any party, or any
> politician.   I am the captain of my fate, and can do with it what I will.
>
> As is every other individual in this country.
>
> I can hear the outcry now...
>
> Ray
>
>tvoivozhd---no outcry from me.  You fled the abysmally low-paid and overworked teacher profession as I have implored my youngest daughter to do for years and my pleading finally succeeded this year.  She really likes the theatre though, and would like to stay in it.  An old college friend was trying to look her up to see if she would take over a new  theatre and theatre group somewhere in tourist-trap Pennsylvania.  Says he will personally throw in a lot of money and the community has raised some impressive sums for the project.  So she is going up to look at it a few days after Sept 21st (when she closes the sale of her Virginia Beach house).

If she accepts the offer, she will pull her cast largely from nearby
Colleges and/or High Schools, and probably take Adjunct Professor status
in several of them to run preparatory classes  to draw from.  She's a
hell of a good businesswoman and I am confidant she  will do well if she
elects this course. I don't like the politics and pay vagaries of any
school systerm public or private.  The opportunity to compete as a
business is vastly preferable.---as I have often mentioned before, both
for improved earnings and increased control over your life.