[Homestead] Education

DSanner106 at aol.com DSanner106 at aol.com
Mon Sep 6 16:09:25 EDT 2004

The fact is, money is not nearly the factor it is considered to be by a large
portion of the liberal political machine. Parents and their level of care and
involvement with their childrens education, are the largest determing factor.
Parents, rich and poor, can produce good students, regardless of the money
spent in their school district. As long as the money is there to put books in
their hands, a chair to sit in , and an adequate instructor, the child can
excell. Why do private schools traditionally do a better job of turning out good
students? Because the parents have made an investment in their child and are
more likely to follow up on that investment. They want to be sure their money is
well spent. When parents send their child off to public school and the money
spent is government money, they unfortunately, don't even bother to show up at
pta meetings, converse with teachers, or help their children at home. Is a
used car purchased from a former owner more or less likely to have been
mistreated than a rental car? I think we all know that the attitude of people changes
when they have a financial stake in anything and education follows that
pattern. How do we solve it then? Not by throwing more government money. We have to
involve the parents in the process somehow.

Drew