[Homestead] Voting the pocketbook

Gene GeRue genegerue at ruralize.com
Mon Sep 6 11:11:14 EDT 2004

>>>Frankly people need to take more responsibility for them selves and not
>>>rely on the government to pull them up.
>>
>>How would you cause them to do so?
>
>I would never try to make them do so. It should be their own choice. But
>as with parenting, don't offer too much help so they'll learn independence
>and don't allow them to blame others for their own problems. There's too
>much of that.

"Should" operates best on guilt, not my favorite motivation. Not picking on
you, but you seem to have a brain and I am hungry for viable ideas. My
observation is that most of us complain and say what "they" should or must
do but we offer no suggestion for how it can be accomplished. I'm in the
mood to stick a pin in that puffy balloon.