[Homestead] Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

WSM311 at aol.com WSM311 at aol.com
Sun Sep 5 13:49:23 EDT 2004

I've been reading up on these people since Tvo sent the article. The whole
thing gives me chills!
http://www.religioustolerance.org/flds.htm

I never knew if my original Mormon statement/question made it through to the
list. I commented on the LDS temple in Snowflake, AZ. I was horrified when I
stumbled upon it one day. It sits on top of a flat mountain, surrounded by a
golf course and an expensive housing development. Far from what I consider in
good taste or religious necessity.

This weekend, we have a visitor here from Connecticut and have been
discussing many issues. He grew up in an atheist family and has just started learning
about his Jewish roots. He is practicing fasting and being kosher for the first
time ever.

I think we all long to have a connection to a power greater than ourselves.
There are sure a lot of ways to get there! I am not a fan of organized
religion. I prefer to keep it spiritual and private. Much of the rest seems like a
matter of power, control and money collecting. I became a homesteader to have
some control over my destiny. My attitude towards religions is as skeptical as my
attitude about main stream society.

Wendy (wsm311 at aol.com)
Peace and Carrots Farm
Maple Corner, Vermont